Reading time ( words)
Most PCB designers are now working from home as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown. In a recent Design007 Magazine survey, we asked the following question: What tips do you have for working remotely more successfully?
Here are just a few of the comments, edited slightly for clarity:
- Ensure you have a good chair and desk for multiple monitors.
- Be sure you have all of your productivity software and reference resources duplicated on your remote system.
- Set a routine. Pretend your workspace is your office and treat it with the same professionalism as you would your company office.
- Get up and move around, stretch, or perhaps meditate.
- Talk to people–you still need to be a team player, call, email or Skype.
- Video conferencing formats, such as Zoom, are unnecessary and tie up bandwidth. Share your work screen and that's it.
In an upcoming issue of Design007 Magazine, we'll share more of the results from this survey. If you haven't taken this survey, there's no time like the present! Click here to share your thoughts on working remotely. Surveys like this help us ensure that we are focusing on the issues and challenges that matter to PCB designers and design engineers. We appreciate your feedback.