Reading time ( words)
In a recent I-Connect007 survey to designers and design engineers, we asked the following question: What are the most common design mistakes that your company encounters? The answers have been lightly edited for clarity.
- Inaccurate specifications from customers, not knowing the real density of the board, constraints and other important details
- Not understanding stackup limitations
- Connector pin assignments
- Insufficient width for power traces
- Inappropriate copper distribution in layout causing wrinkles in multilayer PCB