Reading time ( words)
In a recent survey, we asked the following question: What do you think is the most important thing a designer should remember when planning a new PCB design? Here are a few of the answers, edited slightly for clarity.
- I don’t have a “single” thing that is the most important, but stackup, constraints, and EMI come to mind.
- At an early stage, involve the PCB fabricator, assembly production engineers, and test engineers to get their feedback on the design.
- Placement is key to making a design successful.
- Look at the complete picture and not just your own “small garden.”
- A prototype needs space for hand-soldering.