Reading time ( words)
In a recent survey, we asked the following question: What do you think is the most important thing a designer should remember when planning a new PCB design? Here are a few answers, edited slightly for clarity.
- Have a good music selection.
- Don’t panic. It’s almost always possible to complete a complicated design if you go step by step.
- How will the board be fabricated and how will it be assembled? Both of these will affect cost and reliability.
- Place with flow planning for routing in mind.
- Each design has its own restriction and requirements. And each design is a new challenge. Communicate with the team and gather all information (mechanical, environmental, SI, PI).