Reading time ( words)
In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd (ICD), Australia, developer of the ICD Stackup and PDN Planner software, has released the 2016 edition of its popular software.
“With this release, we have developed a new PDN EMI plot. The EMI plot represents the projected maximum radiated noise if a high-speed signal excites the plane resonance at a particular frequency,” said CEO Barry Olney. “Plus the applicable EMC standard can be selected from the EMC Limit pull-down menu. In Australia, we comply with the CISPR standard that is also the European standard. The United States complies to the FCC and in Japan the VCCI standard.”
The ICD Stackup Planner is delivered with an extensive Dielectric Materials Library (DML) containing over 23,300 commonly used rigid and flexible core, prepreg and solder mask/coverlay materials up to 100GHz. This is arguably the most comprehensive list of material properties ever compiled. Using the exact materials that are stocked by your preferred fabricator can increase accuracy by up to 5%. For a complete list of material manufacturers and product types that are included in the ICD Stackup Planner, click here.
A new Relative Signal Propagation bar graph compares matched ‘length’ to ‘delay’. So, if you have a DDR data bus, for instance, that is routed to 1.8”, you can see how much length you have to add to each signal layer to achieve matched delay.
2016 release highlights:
- PDN EMI Plot with FCC, CISPR and VCCI, Class A and B EMC limits
- New manufacturers select list in libraries – now super fast selection
- Relative Signal Propagation bar graph
- Dielectric materials library of over 23,300 rigid and flexible materials up to 100GHz. For a full list of manufacturers, click here. The Capacitor Library of over 5,600 now features Samsung caps
- Graph legend – turn on/off the legend on the PDN plots for a larger plot
- Automatic updates – checks for a latest version
Also, many product videos are available to be viewed online at www.icd.com.au
Please see the 2016 release update video
About In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd
In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd, based in Australia, developer of the ICD Stackup and PDN Planner software, is a PCB design service bureau and specialist in board level simulation. For further information or to download a free evaluation of the software, please visit www.icd.com.au