Reading time ( words)
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Avery Design Systems, Inc., the leading simulation-independent verification IP supplier, headquartered in Tewksbury, MA, USA. Siemens plans to add Avery’s technology to the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio as part of its industry-leading suite of electronic design automation (EDA) integrated circuit (IC) verification offerings.
“The verification and verification IP markets continue to undergo major paradigm shifts,” said Joseph Sawicki, Executive Vice President, IC-EDA, Siemens Digital Industries Software. “Increasing SoC complexity, demand for new protocols and standards, and broadening use of verification IP use cases present customers with new challenges relating to the verification of sophisticated, next-generation IC designs. The acquisition of Avery further extends Siemens’ leadership in the verification space, adding Avery’s impressive Verification Protocol and Compliance Test Suite offerings, critical verification IP market understanding and know-how, and eminent R&D talent. This can enhance Siemens’ offerings across mainstream verification IP segments, while further extending Siemens verification solutions into areas such as High Performance Computing, Edge, Networking, and 3DICs.”
“Customers need a complete protocol portfolio for their applications and verification IP available as soon as standards are released, as well as compliance testing solutions that can help reduce risk and help enhance the correctness of their protocols,” said Chilai Huang, President and CEO, Avery Design Systems. “The Avery offerings enable this, helping system and SoC design teams to achieve dramatic functional verification productivity improvements. Being part of Siemens also allows growth opportunities for the business, with the combination of Avery’s products and Siemens‘ Questa verification IP offerings enabling continued support of verification engineers across the entire spectrum of simulation solutions.”
Siemens’ acquisition of Avery Design Systems is subject to closing conditions and is anticipated to close in the first quarter of fiscal year 2023. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- The Electronics Industry’s Guide to... The Evolving PCB NPI Process by Mark Laing and Jeremy Schitter
- The Printed Circuit Designer’s Guide to... Stackups: The Design within the Designby Bill Hargin
- The Printed Circuit Assembler's Guide to... Smart Data: Using Data to Improve Manufacturing by Sagi Reuven and Zac Elliott
- The Printed Circuit Assembler's Guide to… Advanced Manufacturing in the Digital Age by Oren Manor
- The Printed Circuit Designer’s Guide to… PowerIntegrity by Example by Fadi Deek
- Siemens’ 12-part, on-demand webinar series “Implementing Digital Twin Best Practices From Design Through Manufacturing”
- Rountable: RealTime with... Siemens and Computrol: Achieving Operational Excellence in Electronics Manufacturing
- You can also view other titles in our full I-007eBooks library.