Reading time ( words)
Siemens AG is focused on a number of humanitarian measures to support its Ukrainian employees and their families as well as among refugees from the war zone, having launched relief campaign in early March. Through the charitable Siemens Caring Hands organization, the company and Siemens Healthineers each donated an initial emergency €1 million to the German Red Cross. The two Siemens companies have promised to match every euro received from employee donations, meaning the sum raised is now more than €9 million.
The donations are being made available to a variety of organizations that are using this money to finance selected humanitarian relief measures ranging from supplying food and medicine to providing clothing and temporary refugee accommodations for Siemens employees and their families and for all Ukrainian people in need.
Siemens has also developed two new software platforms that Siemens employees can use to provide direct help – in the form of in-kind donations and accommodations – to their Ukrainian colleagues. For in-kind donations, the current need for food, medicine, clothing and other everyday essentials is being coordinated with those responsible in Ukraine and is displayed on a webpage on the Siemens intranet. The donations are then collected at three central locations in Germany and Austria and sent to the affected employees in Ukraine.
On an additional intranet page, Siemens employees worldwide can offer their vacant apartments or rooms to provide accommodations for impacted colleagues and their family members. For Ukrainian refugees in Poland, Siemens is also converting part of its location in Warsaw into a refugee shelter for around 150 people.
In addition, the Siemens businesses will provide key technical solutions with the value of €3 million as in-kind contributions to maintain or rebuild civil infrastructure.
See this additional content from Siemens Digital Industries Software:
- The Printed Circuit Designer’s Guide to... Stackups: The Design within the Design by Bill Hargin (a free eBook available for download)
- The Printed Circuit Assembler's Guide to ...Smart Data: Using Data to Improve Manufacturing by Sagi Reuven and Zac Elliott (a free eBook available for download)
- The Printed Circuit Assembler's Guide to… Advanced Manufacturing in the Digital Age by Oren Manor (a free eBook available for download)
- The Printed Circuit Designer’s Guide to… PowerIntegrity by Example by Fadi Deek (a free eBook available for download)
- Siemens’ free, 12-part, on-demand webinar series “Implementing Digital Twin Best Practices From Design Through Manufacturing.”
- RealTime With ... Siemens and Computrol: Achieving Operational Excellence in Electronics Manufacturing
- You can also view other titles in our full I-007eBook library here