Reading time ( words)
Most PCB designers are now working from home as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown. In a recent Design007 Magazine survey, we asked the following question: What lessons have you learned since you began designing PCBs from home?
Here are just a few of the comments, edited slightly for clarity:
- Microsoft Teams can be a very powerful tool.
- Clear documentation becomes the easier route, rather than frequent interaction.
- There is an art to knowing whether a call, a message, or a video conference is the right path for a given issue.
- Establish a reasonable working schedule, and at the end of the scheduled time, actually leave that office/room.
- I tried talking to myself, but it made no sense.
An upcoming issue of Design007 Magazine will shine an office lamp on the PCB designers who are now working remotely.