Reading time ( words)
For a limited time, iCD is cutting the cost of a comprehensive post-layout PCB analysis by 50%*. This includes signal and power integrity simulation. Barry Olney, a Design007 Magazine columnist, will personally analyze your high-speed PCB design and provide direct feedback and guidance on how to best deal with any issues that may be found.
So, if you are unsure of your next complex digital PCB design–get some help from an expert designer. This takes the pressure off you, improves your skills and your boss will be happy as the design will be completed on schedule and will perform reliably saving costly iterations.
The iCD post-layout analysis includes:
- Review of schematics to ensure correct creation of design and technology constraints.
- Analysis of the PCB substrate to ensure:
a) Impedance of single ended and differential signals meet the requirements of the technologies employed.
b) That there are clear return paths and reference planes are appropriately assigned.
c) Materials are selected to minimize cost, provide adequate performance and are stocked by the client's preferred fab shop.
- Analysis of the power distribution network to ensure minimum AC impedance is attained up to the maximum required frequency.
- Advice on the placement and routing of power planes and pours.
- Advice on critical placement and best routing strategies for the technology employed.
- Assessment of high-speed signal terminations, matched delay/lengths and impedance matching.
- Simulation of high-speed critical signals to ensure timing requirements are met.
- Batch mode simulation and interactive analysis of crosstalk.
- High-speed DRC analysis–scan for violations of signal integrity, power integrity and EMI rules.
- Estimate of electromagnetic radiation to ensure the product meets FCC/CISPR Class B requirements.
- Ensure the board is manufactureable and meets IPC standards.
- A comprehensive simulation report will be provided to the client upon completion of the project.
Please contact Barry Olney for further information and to book a time slot–opportunities are limited.
“I check all the boxes to ensure your project’s success.” --Barry Olney
* Offer valid until 30th Nov 2019 booked directly through iCD.
About In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd (iCD)
In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd, based in Australia, developer of the iCD Design Integrity software incorporating the iCD Stackup, PDN and CPW Planner software, is a PCB design service bureau and specialist in board-level simulation. For further information or to download a free evaluation of the software, please visit www.icd.com.au