Reading time ( words)
Words of Advice: Obstacles to Solid Data Hand-off
In a recent survey, we asked the following question: What are the biggest obstacles you face in getting your design to the fabricator? Here are a few of the answers, edited slightly for clarity.
- Perfectionist engineering staff.
- Fabricators going back on their capabilities after receiving manufacturing files.
- Getting the fabricator to follow the design to the dot.
- Consistent output from different designers.
- There are too many customer/engineer changes during the design process.