Reading time ( words)
It is not uncommon for an engineer to provide bundle routing flows to the designer. These flows can be hand-drawn images on a napkin, a Word document, or maybe a PowerPoint slide. All of these methods have one thing in common, they are inefficient.
In order to streamline the creation of these bundle routing groups, SimplifyDA has released the SimplifyPLANR application. SimplifyPLANR accomplishes this by:
- Adding/removing nets
- Specifying routing layers per group
- Specifying desired routing path
- Providing unique colors for each group
- Saving flows for use in the SimplifyPCB router
- Performing multiple “what-if” scenarios to verify routing path is possible
(Routes are not saved; SimplifyPCB is required to save routing)
- Examining layout DSN files
- Best of all, it does not tie up a license of the corporate layout application
SimplifyPLANR is currently being offered free of charge. Visit simplifyda.com to request and download a license.
SimplifyDA provides robust, cutting-edge topology PCB and package autorouters. By implementing algorithms which closely mimic hand-routing techniques, SimplifyDA provides the best-in-class results, leading to enhanced productivity.