Reading time ( words)
PCB West 2018, Silicon Valley's largest PCB industry event, returns to the Santa Clara Convention Center for its 27th year September 11-13, 2018. Attendees can attend the Technical Conference (September 11-13) for all three days or just one. Register before August 13 and save $100.
- Nearly 70 presentations, including 15+ free sessions
- All-day tutorials on transmission lines, DFM, and assembly process troubleshooting
- Training for designers, fabricators and assemblers
- Speakers from TTM Technologies, NXP Semiconductor and more top companies
- Sponsored lunch-n-learns Tuesday (Streamline Circuits) and Thursday (Polar Instruments) for conference attendees
The PCB West One-Day Exhibition (Wednesday, Sept 12) is free to attendees.
- Wednesday, September 12 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with 100+ booths
- Coffee Barista sponsored by Zuken
- Lunch sponsored by Sierra Circuits
- Evening Reception sponsored by Ultra Librarian
- 15 FREE technical sessions ranging from design to fab to assembly
To register now, click here.
Real Time with...IPC
During IPC APEX EXPO 2018, the IPC-2581 Consortium held a demo of this open-source data transfer standard, attracting numerous designers, fabricators and assembly providers. Jim Pierce of Axiom Electronics and Bob Miklosey of Aegis Software sat down to discuss the demo and their involvement with the consortium. Axiom now charges more for designs submitted in the Gerber format.
Hemant Shah and Ed Acheson, Cadence Design Systems
The IPC-2581 format was created in the early 2000s with the merger of two competing formats: ODB++ and GENCAM. The new format, the brainchild of the late Dieter Bergman, languished with no adoption until 2011, when a small group of companies created the IPC-2581 Consortium with the goal of getting this open, neutral and intelligent format adopted. The consortium has been growing steadily in recent years. Its membership now includes more than 100 associate members in addition to its more than 90 corporate members.
Real Time with DesignCon
SiSoft President and CTO Barry Katz sat down with Editor Andy Shaughnessy to share his thoughts on the company's papers presented during DesignCon 2018, as well as SiSoft's latest products and plans for 2018.