Reading time ( words)
In-Circuit Design Pty Ltd (iCD), Australia, developer of the iCD Design Integrity software, has added the new iCD QuickSolver software to its growing product line.
“The iCD QuickSolver represents a price-performance breakthrough for field solver technology,” said iCD CEO Barry Olney. “The majority of digital designs these days require controlled impedance transmission lines. But few designers have access to an accurate field solver. We want to empower every PCB designer with this technology by offering a no-frills Stackup Planner at a very affordable price point.”
The iCD QuickSolver is an inexpensive edition of the popular iCD Stackup Planner that is powered by the same precision 2D BEM field solver and provides everything you need to accurately model the characteristic and differential impedance of multilayer PCBs utilizing blind and buried vias. You can also optionally add an Altium Designer bi-directional interface or license to a USB dongle to move the application between PCs.
iCD QuickSolver features include:
- 2D BEM field solver technology, the most affordable impedance control solution available
- Powerful inexpensive Stackup Planner, the industry-leading precision planner for eight signal/plane layers
- Ideal for independent designer, licensed to one PC or a USB dongle
- Characteristic impedance, edge-coupled and broadside-coupled differential impedance
- Dual build-up microstrip plus dual symmetric and asymmetric stripline
- Support for PTH plus blind and buried vias
- Automatically generates a fabrication drawing in Excel
- Optional Altium Designer bi-directional interface with design rules export